F. Hohle (early 20th Century) after Frans Hals.
‘Two singing Boys’
signed lower right F. Hohle cop and with the monogram lower left FG, oil on canvas
66.5 x 53 cm
The original, on canvas, 66×52 cm, is in the Staatliche Kunstammlung Kassel. It was acquired by Landgraf Wilhelm VIII of Hessen in 1749 (see S.Slive, Frans Hals, 1974, II.fig. 44 and III.pp.15/16, no.23)